IG 380 SD Features
- 36" variable speed table
- 30HP variable speed grinding spindle motor
- Electromagnetic chuck with auto demag cycle which can be configured with custom workholding systems
- Thru-spindle vacuum/pressure feed
- Integral air mist collection and coolant flow systems for clean consistent grinding
- Programmable touch screen controls
- Manual handwheel for precise Z-axis positioning
- Internal memory for saving grind process recipes for quick changeovers
- Password protection and operator lock-out features
- Automatic routine maintenance reminders
- 96" x 62" footprint
Countless customization options supported by an in-house engineering team ready to build the perfect machine for your application!
Powerful. Precise. Versatile.
The IG 380SD provides power, precision, and capacity for accurate and efficient grinding operations. It features a 36” diameter electromagnetic chuck with configuration features of through table vacuum, air or hydraulic clamping. The variable speed 30 HP grinding spindle provides exceptional grinding performance for both conventional and superabrasives.
The IG 380SD is configured with a sliding door enclosure, air/mist filtration and swarf system with continuous filtering of the coolant. Clean coolant results in repeatable grinding performance.
DCM grinders outperform conventional surface grinders and are efficient for removing large amounts of material, while maintaining close tolerances and reducing process time. Features such as variable feedrate & spindle speed, single or multi-step grinding, and easily programmable grind processes make this machine an ideal platform for processing a wide range of materials.
- Silicon Nitride, Zirconia, Alumina, Carbide, Silicon carbide (SiC), Tungsten, and other compounded materials
- Cast Iron
- Nitrided Steel
- Crystalline Materials
- Quartz, Fused Silica, Glass, Sapphire, Zinc Selenide, Zerodur, Silicon
- Tool Steel
- Magnetic Materials
- Fixture & die preparation
- Grinding glass plates to thickness
- Crystal grinding
- Silicon plates, ceramics, glass, and sapphire
- Regrinding bearing surfaces
- Grind prep before lapping & polishing processes
Have more questions or want to talk more about your specific application? Get in touch with our team of Technical Specialists today!
Give us a call: (800)533-5339
IG 380 SD Specifications
|Grinding Spindle Motor||30HP, 200 - 1800rpm|
|Rotary Table Motor||3HP, 10 - 70rpm|
|Servo Column Motor||3.5KW|
|Coolant Pump||3/4HP, 45gpm|
|Table Features||Thru-spindle vacuum/pressure feed|
|Variable strength fine pole electromagnetic chuck|
|Contact a DCM Technical Specialist for custom table & fixturing options|
|Max Swing Diameter||40"|
|Max Wheel to Table Clearance||11" segmented wheel|
|9-3/4" 2A2T wheel|
|Grinding Wheel Options|
|2A2T Superabrasive or Conventional Segments||20" diameter|
|Cortland Style Hub & Segments||22" diameter|
|Ask a DCM Technical Specialist about our wide variety of wheels|
|Servo driven Z-axis with precision ballscrew and encoder|
|Feedrate variable from 0.0006 IPM to .1000 IPM|
|AC motor driven Y-axis|
|460/380V, 50/60Hz, 3 phase, 90 FLA|
|Consult DCM Engineering regarding operation on other voltages|
|103" wide, 73" deep, 86" high|
Why Choose DCM?
Before you decide, our Engineers will validate the performance of any DCM style grinder on your specific material. We invite you to send us a sample of your material or come visit our factory to run the machine and see the results firsthand.
After you purchase, a Technical Specialist from DCM will come to your facility to set up the machine and train your technical staff and machine operators.
As a DCM customer, you can count on the full support off our Technical Specialists and Enigneers when you need it. If you have any questions our reliable team will make sure you get the answers you need, when you need them.
Built by experts, for experts.
If you have questions you can give us a call or email a Technical Specialist. We will reply within one business day.
Give us a call: (800)533-5339