IG 480 SD Features
- 48" variable strength electromagnetic chuck with auto demag cycle
- 50HP variable speed grinding spindle motor
- Thru-spindle vacuum/pressure feed
- Integral air mist collection and coolant flow systems for clean and consistent grinding
- Programmable touch screen HMI controls
- Manual pulse generator for precise Z-axis positioning
- Internal memory for saving grind process recipes to aid in quick changeover
- Password protection and operator lock-out features
- Automatic routine maintenance reminders
- 120" x 82" Footprint
Countless customization options supported by an in-house engineering team ready to build the perfect machine for your application!
Large Capacity. Precise Control.
The IG 480 SD is our largest capacity and most powerful DCM style rotary surface grinder. It features a 48” diameter electromagnetic chuck with configuration features of through table vacuum, air or hydraulic clamping. The variable speed 50HP grinding spindle provides exceptional grinding performance for both conventional and superabrasives.
The IG 480SD is configured with a sliding door enclosure, air/mist filtration and swarf system with continuous filtering of the coolant. Clean coolant results in repeatable grinding performance. The automated grinding control simplifies machine operation and ensures consistent grinding results.
DCM grinders outperform conventional surface grinders and are efficient for removing large amounts of material, while maintaining close tolerances and reducing process time. Features such as variable feedrate & spindle speed, single or multi-step grinding, and easily programmable grind processes make this machine an ideal platform for processing a wide range of materials.
- Silicon Nitride, Zirconia, Alumina, Carbide, Silicon carbide (SiC), Tungsten, and other compounded materials
- Cast Iron
- Nitrided Steel
- Crystalline Materials
- Quartz, Fused Silica, Glass, Sapphire, Zinc Selenide, Zerodur, Silicon
- Tool Steel
- Magnetic Materials
- Fixture & die preparation
- Grinding glass plates to thickness
- Crystal grinding
- Silicon plates, ceramics, glass, and sapphire
- Regrinding bearing surfaces
- Grind prep before lapping & polishing processes
Have more questions or want to talk more about your specific application? Get in touch with our team of Technical Specialists today!
Give us a call: (800)533-5339
Why Choose DCM?
Before you decide, our Engineers will validate the performance of any DCM style grinder on your specific material. We invite you to send us a sample of your material or come visit our factory to run the machine and see the results firsthand.
After you purchase, a Technical Specialist from DCM will come to your facility to set up the machine and train your technical staff and machine operators.
As a DCM customer, you can count on the full support off our Technical Specialists and Enigneers when you need it. If you have any questions our reliable team will make sure you get the answers you need, when you need them.
Built by experts, for experts.
If you have questions you can give us a call or email a Technical Specialist. We will reply within one business day.
Give us a call: (800)533-5339
IG 480 SD Specifications
|Grinding Spindle Motor||50HP, 200 - 1180rpm|
|Rotary Table Motor||3HP, 5 - 70rpm|
|Servo Column Motor||5KW|
|Coolant Pump||3/4HP, 45gpm|
|Table Features||Thru-spindle vacuum/pressure feed|
|Variable strength 3/4" fine pole electromagnetic chuck|
|Contact a DCM Technical Specialist for custom table & fixturing options|
|Max Swing Diameter||52"|
|Max Part Height||12" segmented wheel|
|Max Part Height||10-1/2" 2A2T wheel|
|Grinding Wheel Options|
|2A2T Suberabrasive or Conventional Segments||26" diameter|
|Cortland Style Hub & Segment||26" diameter|
|Ask a DCM Technical Specialist about our wide variety of wheels|
|Servo driven Z-axis with precision ballscrew and encoder|
|Feedrate variable from 0.0006 IPM to 0.1000 IPM|
|DC motor driven Y-axis|
|460V, 50/60Hz, 3 phase, 127 FLA|
|Consult DCM Engineering regarding operation on other voltages|
|120" wide, 82" deep, 88" high|