DCM Tech’s IG 180 SD rotary surface grinder provides a fully enclosed, close tolerance package within a compact footprint. The full enclosure provides a heightened level of process cleanliness where air quality is crucial. With the productivity of rotary surface grinders, the IG 180 SD works well for mid volume grinding applications. The servo drive control package saves multiple programs for process repeatability.
- 18″ variable speed table
- 10HP variable speed grinding spindle motor
- Electromatic chuck with auto demag cycle which can be configured with custom workholding systems
- Thru-spindle vacuum/pressure feed
- Integral air mist collection and coolant flow systems for clean consistent grinding
- Programmable touch screen controls
- Manual handwheel for precise Z-axis positioning
- Internal memory for saving grind process recipes for quick changeovers
- Password protection and operator lock-out features
- Automatic routine maintenance reminders
- 82″ x 70″ footprint
Countless customization options supported by an in-house engineering team ready to build the perfect machine for your application!
DCM grinders outperform conventional surface grinders and are efficient for removing large amounts of material, while maintaining close tolerances and reducing process time. Features such as variable feedrate & spindle speed, single or multi-step grinding, and easily programmable grind processes make this machine an ideal platform for processing a wide range of materials.
- Silicon Nitride, Zirconia, Alumina, Carbide, Silicon carbide (SiC), Tungsten, and other compounded materials
- Cast Iron
- Nitrided Steel
- Crystalline Materials
- Quartz, Fused Silica, Glass, Sapphire, Zinc Selenide, Zerodur, Silicon
- Tool Steel
- Magnetic Materials
- Fixture & die preparation
- Grinding glass plates to thickness
- Crystal grinding
- Silicon plates, ceramics, glass, and sapphire
- Regrinding bearing surfaces
- Grind prep before lapping & polishing processes
- Multiple and large part grinding
Why Choose DCM?
Before you decide, our Engineers will validate the performance of any DCM style grinder on your specific material. We invite you to send us a sample of your material or come visit our factory to run the machine and see the results firsthand.
After you purchase, a Technical Specialist from DCM will come to your facility to set up the machine and train your technical staff and machine operators.
As a DCM customer, you can count on the full support off our Technical Specialists and Enigneers when you need it. If you have any questions our reliable team will make sure you get the answers you need, when you need them.