IG 282 SD FEATURES
- 24" variable speed table
- 20HP Variable speed grinding spindle motor (ask about an optional 30HP motor for extra power)
- Electromagnetic chuck with auto demag cycle which can be configured with custom workholding systems
- Servo-drive cross slide motor for positioning along the X-axis
- Thru-spindle vacuum/pressure feed
- Integral air mist collection and coolant flow systems for clean consistent grinding
- Programmable touch screen controls
- Manual handwheel for precise Z-axis positioning
- Internal memory for saving grind process recipes for quick changeovers
- Auto regrind feature for repeating any pre-programmed sequential grind
- Password protection and operator lock-out features
- Automatic routine maintenance reminders
- 76" x 64" Footprint
Countless customization options supported by an in-house engineering team ready to build the perfect machine for your application!
Fully Loaded. Precise. Compact.
The IG 282 SD is packed with innovative features making it more powerful, precise, and most importantly, even easier to use. The touchscreen HMI controls feature a bright and easy to read display with new features such as automatic maintenance reminders, pre-loaded instruction manuals and PDFs, and an internal memory for repeatable process automation.
This machine is the first DCM style rotary surface grinder to feature a precision servo drive cross slide motor which allows this machine to grind tight tolerances along both the Z and X axis. Perform precise step grinds in materials such as glass, ceramic, carbide, and metals.
The IG 282 SD comes standard with all of the features of other DCM style grinders such as a variable speed grinding spindle motor and electromagnetic chuck, thru-spindle vacuum/pressure port, integral mist collection and coolant filtration system, and manual pulse generator for precise positioning.
DCM grinders outperform conventional surface grinders and are efficient for removing large amounts of material, while maintaining close tolerances and reducing process time. Features such as variable feedrate & spindle speed, single or multi-step grinding, and easily programmable grind processes make this machine an ideal platform for processing a wide range of materials.
- Silicon Nitride, Zirconia, Alumina, Carbide, Silicon carbide (SiC), Tungsten, and other compounded materials
- Cast Iron
- Nitrided Steel
- Crystalline Materials
- Quartz, Fused Silica, Glass, Sapphire, Zinc Selenide, Zerodur, Silicon
- Tool Steel
- Magnetic Materials
- Fixture & die preparation
- Grinding glass plates to thickness
- Crystal grinding
- Silicon plates, ceramics, glass, and sapphire
- Regrinding bearing surfaces
- Grind prep before lapping & polishing processes
Have more questions or want to talk more about your specific application? Get in touch with our team of Technical Specialists today!
Give us a call: (800)533-5339
Why Choose DCM?
Before you decide, our Engineers will validate the performance of any DCM style grinder on your specific material. We invite you to send us a sample of your material or come visit our factory to run the machine and see the results firsthand.
After you purchase, a Technical Specialist from DCM will come to your facility to set up the machine and train your technical staff and machine operators.
As a DCM customer, you can count on the full support off our Technical Specialists and Enigneers when you need it. If you have any questions our reliable team will make sure you get the answers you need, when you need them.
Built by experts, for experts.
If you have questions you can give us a call or email a Technical Specialist. We will reply within one business day.
Give us a call: (800)533-5339
IG 282 SD Specifications
|Grinding Spindle Motor||20HP, 200 - 2330rpm|
|Rotary Table Motor||1HP, 5 - 70rpm|
|Servo Column Motor||2KW|
|Coolant Pump||3/4HP, 45gpm|
|Table Features||Thru-spindle vacuum/pressure feed|
|Variable strength 3/8" fine pole electromagnetic chuck|
|Custom Options Available:||18" diameter table|
|T-slot or drilled for custom fixture mounting|
|Max Swing Diameter||27"|
|Max Part Height||11" with segmented wheel|
|Max Part Height||12" with 2A2T wheel|
|Grinding Wheel Hub Options|
|Segmented Wheel Hub Kits||12" or 15" diameter|
|2A2T Ring Wheel Hub||12" diameter|
|6A2 Wheel Hub||8" diameter|
|Cortland Chuck||12" or 15" diameter|
|Servo driven Z-axis with precision ballscrew and encoder|
|Feedrate variable from 0.0006 IPM to 0.1000 IPM|
|DC motor driven Y-axis|
|230V, 50/60Hz, 3 phase, 78 FLA|
|Consult DCM Engineering regarding operation on other voltages|
|80" wide, 68" deep, 90" high|