IG 482 SD FEATURES
- 48” variable speed electromagnetic chuck with auto demag cycle
- 50HP grinding spindle motor
- Integral coolant filtration & mist collection systems
- Easy to operate touchscreen controls
- Mitsubishi FX5U PLC
- 3 Grinding Modes - Conventional, Incremental and Grind to Height
- Regrind feature allows re-running previous grind sequence without reprogramming
- Continuous grind – the machine can automatically cycle through grind 1, 2 & 3
- Servo-driven precision control of both Z and X-axis with absolute home positioning
- The cross slide X-axis moves with manual pulse generator
- Backlash compensation on both axes
- Password protection & operator lockout features
- SECS/GEM Interfaced to work with 3rd party Scada type software
- Password protection and operator lock-out features
- Automatic routine maintenance reminders
- 120" x 82" Footprint
Countless customization options supported by an in-house engineering team ready to build the perfect machine for your application!
NEW TECHNOLOGY. LARGE CAPACITY.
The IG 482 SD is packed with innovative features making it more powerful, precise, and most importantly, even easier to use. The touchscreen HMI controls feature a bright and easy to read display with new features such as automatic maintenance reminders, pre-loaded instruction manuals and PDFs, and an internal memory for repeatable process automation. DCM advanced technology has been added so you can improve your process time, reduce part damage, and easily train your team.
The IG 482 SD comes standard with all of the features of other DCM style grinders such as a variable speed grinding spindle motor and electromagnetic chuck, thru-spindle vacuum/pressure port, integral mist collection and coolant filtration system, and manual pulse generator for precise positioning.
DCM grinders outperform conventional surface grinders and are efficient for removing large amounts of material, while maintaining close tolerances and reducing process time. Features such as variable feedrate & spindle speed, single or multi-step grinding, and easily programmable grind processes make this machine an ideal platform for processing a wide range of materials. If you don't see your material or application listed here, contact the DCM team to see how we can help.
- Silicon Nitride, Zirconia, Alumina, Carbide, Silicon carbide (SiC), Tungsten, and other compounded materials
- Cast Iron
- Nitrided Steel
- Crystalline Materials
- Quartz, Fused Silica, Glass, Sapphire, Zinc Selenide, Zerodur, Silicon
- Tool Steel
- Silicon Carbide
- Magnetic Materials
- Fixture & die preparation
- Grinding glass plates to thickness
- Crystal grinding
- Silicon plates, ceramics, glass, and sapphire
- Regrinding bearing surfaces
- Grind prep before lapping & polishing processes
- Additive manufacturing build plate resurfacing
Have more questions or want to talk more about your specific application? Get in touch with our team of Technical Specialists today!
Give us a call: (800)533-5339
Why Choose DCM?
Before you decide, our Engineers will validate the performance of any DCM style grinder on your specific material. We invite you to send us a sample of your material or come visit our factory to run the machine and see the results firsthand.
After you purchase, a Technical Specialist from DCM will come to your facility to set up the machine and train your technical staff and machine operators.
As a DCM customer, you can count on the full support off our Technical Specialists and Enigneers when you need it. If you have any questions our reliable team will make sure you get the answers you need, when you need them.
Built by experts, for experts.
If you have questions you can give us a call or email a Technical Specialist. We will reply within one business day.
Give us a call: (800)533-5339
IG 482 SD Specifications
|Grinding Spindle Motor||50HP, 200 - 1180rpm|
|Rotary Table Motor||3HP, 5 - 70rpm|
|Servo Column Motor||5KW|
|Coolant Pump||3/4HP, 45gpm|
|Table Features||Thru-spindle vacuum/pressure feed|
|Variable strength 3/4" fine pole electromagnetic chuck|
|Max Swing Diameter||52"|
|Max Part Height||12" with segmented wheel|
|Max Part Height||10-1/2" with 2A2T wheel|
|Grinding Wheel Hub Options|
|2A2T Superabrasive or Conventional Segments||26" diameter|
|Cortland Style Hub & Segments||26" diameter|
|Servo driven Z-axis with precision ballscrew and encoder|
|Feedrate variable from 0.0006 IPM to 0.1000 IPM|
|Servo drive X-axis for prevision positioning|
|460V, 50/60Hz, 3 phase, 127 FLA|
|Consult DCM Engineering regarding operation on other voltages|
|120" wide, 82" deep, 88" high|